Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fair

We were at a regional rural arts festival. There was music, three carnival rides, LOTS of booths from various villages, and most things happening in Marathi, the local language. My feet hurt.









The two families I went with to the fair:



The motorcycle parking:



The woman in the middle with the blue shirt and long sleeves was also wearing high heels, and riding a motorbike. Sorry I didn't get a better photo of her outfit.



Food:




For the corn, you choose your spices and additives, and they put one cup on top of the paper serving cup and shake it to mix with the butter (the corn is hot). There was a little plastic spoon.

Here is a bowl made of leaves, stuck together with sticks, and then pressed. Of course, I wanted to keep it and bring it home, but decided photos would be cleaner and better. What was in it was a kind of sweet cheese made of some of the first milk of a cow that has recently calved. "Kharvas."

3 comments:

Jill P said...

What was the guy making in the contraption with the playing cards? Since this is a fair, I'm guessing cotton candy.

Sandra Dodd said...

Jill was correct and I should've come back and said so four years ago. :-)


Sandra Dodd said...

Jill was correct and I should've come back and said so four years ago. :-)